Tuesday, February 19
University Temple United Methodist Church
1415 NE 43rd St.
Seattle, WA 98105
Right-wing opposition leader Juan Guaidó has declared himself interim president of Venezuela against sitting President Nicolás Maduro and has been recognized by the U.S. government and a range of authoritarian leaders in Latin America.
As internationalists and anti-imperialists, we look to the people of Venezuela to defend their own sovereignty. We recognize that the greatest threat to peace, democracy and prosperity in Latin America has always been the U.S. state and U.S. big business.
The Venezuelan people have suffered enough. We demand an end to U.S. interference. We say:
- No to the Guaidó-Trump coup
- End all U.S. sanctions on Venezuela.
- Withdraw all elements of the U.S. Navy Fourth Fleet
- End all U.S. economic, political and diplomatic aid to the right-wing opposition.
- Economic refugees should be welcomed into the U.S.
- Abolish all debt held by U.S. and European banks, the World Bank and the IMF
For more information about the crisis in Venezuela: