Thinking of joining the ISO? Join us for this 5-part introduction to revolutionary socialism and organizing with the ISO.
“Without revolutionary theory there can be no revolutionary movement.”
— V.I. Lenin.
Meetings take place at 6pm at the Common Good Cafe, 1415 NE 43rd St., Seattle, WA 98105. If you arrive early, the doors may be locked, but someone will be able to let you in by 6:00.
Session 1: Socialism and Workers’ Power
- Reading: p. 1-15 in the Where We Stand Packet
- Optional Reading: Chapters 3 and 6 of Meaning of Marxism
- Optional Audio: The International Socialist Organization: Who We Are, Where We Stand, and What We Do
- Optional Audio: What do Socialists Say About Unions?
Session 2: Revolution and Internationalism
- Reading: p. 16-31 in the Where We Stand Packet
- Optional Reading: Chapter 7 of Meaning of Marxism
- Optional Audio: Reform or Revolution
- Optional Audio: What Do Socialists Say About Nationalism and National Liberation
Session 3: Marxism and Oppression
- Reading: p. 32-34 in the Where We Stand Packet
- Reading: The Politics of Identity
- Reading: Why Solidarity Can Trump Hate
- Optional Reading: Chapter 11 of Meaning of Marxism
- Optional Audio: Marxism, Exploitation, and Oppression
Session 4: The Revolutionary Party
- Reading: p. 35-37 in the Where We Stand Packet
- Reading: Socialist Organization in the Time of Trump
- Optional Reading: Chapter 8 of Meaning of Marxism
- Optional Audio: Why We Need a Revolutionary Party
- Optional Video: Why We Need a Revolutionary Party
Session 5: How the ISO is Organized & Questions about Joining
- Reading: Members’ Toolkit p. 2-10
- Reading: How You Can Organize for Socialism Today
- Bring any outstanding questions you would like addressed before joining
*Click here for a full list of the supplementary audio and video resources