1415 NE 43rd St.
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/212417196006213/
Can we win justice and better conditions at work? It seems daunting, but West Virginia’s teachers just proved that it’s totally possible. They struck 20,000 strong for over a week, built wide popular support, and forced the WV legislature to meet many of their core demands. Now teachers, nurses, and other workers in states across the country are looking to their example.
Join us to discuss the lessons of this victory and what it means for our side.
For more information about the strike, check out:
* A working-class revolt in “Trump country” (https://socialistworker.org/2018/03/06/a-working-class-revolt-in-trump-country)
* The teachers united couldn’t be defeated (https://socialistworker.org/2018/03/07/the-teachers-united-couldnt-be-defeated)
* How teachers resisted a disappointing deal (https://socialistworker.org/2018/03/05/how-teachers-resisted-a-disappointing-deal)
* What the Teachers Won (https://www.jacobinmag.com/2018/03/west-virginia-teachers-strike-agreement-budget)
* Video: Solidarity with West Virginia Strikers! (https://www.facebook.com/jacobinmag/videos/2087299477963409/)