- Capital, Chapter 4 – The General Formula for Capital
- Capital, Chapter 5 – Contradictions in the General Formula of Capital
- Capital, Chapter 6 – The Buying and Selling of Labour-Power
- PolyluxMarx: A Capital Workbook – p. 93-100
- David Harvey, A Companion to Marx”s Capital, Chapter 3
The questions below are borrowed from the Marxists Internet Archive
- Why is value only capital if it continuously metamorphoses M-C-M-C- etc., etc.? Give examples of money which is not capital and commodities which are not capital?
- What does Marx mean by “ the contradiction in the general formula of capital”?
- Value circulates and metamorphoses M-C-M-C- etc.,etc.. Why does Marx say M-C-M is the circuit of capital and what does C-M-C mean?
- What does Marx mean by saying that “merchants’ and interest-bearing capital are derivative forms”
- What do you make of Marx’s sarcastic comments about Jeremy Bentham, the founder of utilitarianism, at the close of this part?