Thinking of joining the ISO? Join us for this 5-part introduction to revolutionary socialism and organizing with the ISO.
“Without revolutionary theory there can be no revolutionary movement.”
— V.I. Lenin.
Meetings take place at 6pm at the Common Good Cafe, 1415 NE 43rd St., Seattle, WA 98105.
Session 1: Socialism and Workers’ Power
- Reading: p. 1-15 in the Where We Stand Packet
- Optional Reading: Chapters 3 and 6 of Meaning of Marxism
- Optional Audio: The International Socialist Organization: Who We Are, Where We Stand, and What We Do
- Optional Audio: What do Socialists Say About Unions?
Session 2: Revolution and Internationalism
- Reading: p. 16-31 in the Where We Stand Packet
- Optional Reading: Chapter 7 of Meaning of Marxism
- Optional Audio: Reform or Revolution
- Optional Audio: What Do Socialists Say About Nationalism and National Liberation
Session 3: Marxism and Oppression
- Reading: p. 32-34 in the Where We Stand Packet
- Reading: The Politics of Identity
- Reading: Why Solidarity Can Trump Hate
- Optional Reading: Chapter 11 of Meaning of Marxism
- Optional Audio: Marxism, Exploitation, and Oppression
Session 4: The Revolutionary Party
- Reading: p. 35-37 in the Where We Stand Packet
- Reading: Socialist Organization in the Time of Trump
- Optional Reading: Chapter 8 of Meaning of Marxism
- Optional Audio: Why We Need a Revolutionary Party
- Optional Video: Why We Need a Revolutionary Party
Session 5: How the ISO is Organized & Questions about Joining
- Reading: Members’ Toolkit p. 2-10
- Reading: How You Can Organize for Socialism Today
- Bring any outstanding questions you would like addressed before joining
*Click here for a full list of the supplementary audio and video resources